You’re this close to getting your foot in the door at one of the country’s leading independent advertising agencies. As a C-K Creator, you’ll get immersed in brands like Corona, Porsche, Nikon, Paper and Packaging Board, Edward Jones, Cedar Fair and more. But beyond that, you’ll also be on the hook for creating and executing nimble social ideas that will spark conversations and impact the world. All in 10 weeks.
Here’s what past C-K Creators made.
We had a great time last summer creating friends for something we believed in. Take a look at what our some of our past C-K Creators have created.
Ready to apply?
Scared yet? Good. Because C-K Create doesn’t just want anyone. We’re looking for the best, most creative, most diverse thinkers in all the land. But to become one of us, you’re going to need to show us more than just your resume.
On the next page, you’ll fill out the application. Mixed in with all the boring stuff like your name, email and resume is a little box labeled “Video Link.” Because in addition to the regular application, we want you to make a video that creatively shows us something that you’re passionate about.
It doesn’t have to be slick and overly produced, but it can be. However, since a big part of the program is about passion, causes and creativity, we’d love to get a little window into what makes you tick. Are you a foodie, band member or a sports fanatic? Have you traveled the world? Whatever it is, we want to hear about it.
Here’s how to do just that:
- Create a video that creatively shows us something you’re passionate about.
- Post your video on YouTube or Vimeo.
- Make sure you give us the link to your video when filling out your application on the next page.
Please keep all videos to 2 minutes or less.
Remember, applications are due by February 28th so we can notify all of our 2018 C-K Creators by the end of March.
The fine print.
It wouldn’t be an application if there weren’t specific requirements. So here’s what you need to know:
- You can apply for more than one internship (Discipline or Location)
- You must submit a resume
- You must be a rising Junior or Senior, or a December 2017/Spring 2018 graduate
- You must be available to interview via Skype or in-person
- You must be willing to relocate to Chicago, New York or Milwaukee for the summer
- You must be available to work full-time between June 4th-August 3rd
- You must be able to secure summer housing on your own
- You must submit a video submission (2 minutes or less) as part of your application
You have questions, we have answers.
Hey – what departments can I apply to for C-K Create?
Any of the following:
- Planning – mining culture and society to create strategic insights
- Account Management – developing business objectives, sales goals and marketing plans
- Creative – coming up with ideas, nurturing them and bringing them to life
- Media – staying on top of media trends, developing media strategies and plans
- PR/Social – Creating buzz for a brand via social engagement
- Search – thoughtfully analyzing and then using key Internet search terms to increase the reach of a brand’s communications
- Analytics – Examining raw data patterns and transforming them into consumer insights
- C-K Motion– Video editing for agency, client and new business needs
How about this video? Does it need to be really polished and perfect?
Nope, not at all. You can shoot it on your iPhone for all we care. We’re interested in how you think and what you care about. But, keep in mind that we’re looking for creators, so a little creativity, while not a mandate, could only help.
Where do we live while in Chicago, Milwaukee or New York?
Somewhere that has a roof. And hopefully running water. Beyond that, it’s up to you. Some C-K Creators lived in college dorms that were leasing rooms out, others with family, others on their own. We can definitely help with recommendations and thoughts.
Uhhh, so like, do we get paid?
Uhhh, so like yeah, you do. It’s something we’ll talk about during the interview process.
When are applications due?
No later than February 28th, so we can notify all of our 2018 C-K Creators by end of March.